Saturday, October 6, 2007

F the RIAA

So today the first of 26,000 court cases involving the RIAA and individuals who the RIAA has in someway found out are "sharing music"  had its verdict handed out after only 5hours of deliberation.  The first victim was a single mother of 2 who shared a grand total of 24 songs online was found guilty of copyright infringement.  Yes 24 songs, she did this using Kazza.  Apparently she had more songs on her computer most of which she had ripped form her own cd's so they were not in the same shared folder as the Kazza songs.  Which for her was a good thing since it was decide that she would have to pay more then $9,000 a song.  You can find more here.   Yah forget about the giant counterfeit rings over in China and such, this women with her 24 songs is the real evil one.

And with all that is going on now with the Media Defenders and Pirate Bay through the leaked e-mails, show how MD was trying to gather information on people who we illegally downloading movies on-line by setting up their own site.   It is discussing what these companies think they can do.  I would not be surprised if this is how the RIAA got most of the people on its list.

I use to buy lots of CD's I got my first job so I could go out and buy CD's.  But now I just can not bring my self to purchase a CD.  Because beyond the fact that the artist might only get $0.01 of the $13+ dollars I would have spent on that CD.  I know the majority of the money will go to fuel the RIAA war machine.  And I just can not bring myself to do that, so I am now into the indy music scene and smaller independent record labels that are not affiliated with the RIAA.

The other day I heard about this.  While I am not a fan of Radiohead, I am going to buy their new album in hopes that it inspires more bands to do the same and help bring about the downfall of the music industry, because they need to be stopped.  Here is a link to where you can buy the album and  fight the RIAA and show all the other bands out there that they do not need to be apart of a record industry to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment